This is Anthony’s recipe and is really really good . I have tried it couple of times and loved it every time.
- Chicken, cleaned and cut into medium pieces.
- 1 Potato, cut into cubes, slightly on the bigger side.
- One large onion chopped.
- 1 tsp methi + 1 tsp jeera, soaked in little water.
- Masala: 1 tsp Jeera powder + dhania powder + Red Chilli Powder
- Turmeric (less than half a tsp)
- 3 Bay leaves.
- Ginger paste 1 TBS + Garlic paste 1 TBS ( Both fresh crushed or ground)
- 5 green chiili sliced.
- 2 medium size tomatoes, chopped.
Heat 3 – 5 TBS oil in a Kadhai.
Add the bay leaves, and Soaked Jeera Methi.
Add Onions and fry till they turn slightly brown.
Add Ginger Garlic paste and green chilli, fry till onions are golden brown.
Add the chicken and increase heat, Mix well.
Saute and cook till oil starts separates from chicken. (10 minutes)
Add salt to taste and all the masala.Mix well
Add the potatoes and Tomatoes.
Cover and cook in low heat.
Water will come out from chicken as well as tomatoes.
Keep stirring from time to time lest the meat should stick onto the bottom of the pan.
Cook this way till potatoes are soft, Garnish with Coriander.
Thanks Tony 🙂 Original recipe from http://anthonyskitchen.blogspot.com/2006/06/simple-chicken-masala-with-potato.html