This combination is a meal by itself. We had it for dinner and it came out quite well. Enjoy !!
Serve with fresh cucumber, tomato, carrot. (BTW the tomato in the picture is from my garden)
Cauliflower – cut into florets, the smaller the better.
All purpose Flour – 5 TBS quantity as per the amount of cauliflower you are frying.
SODA – pinch
Red chilli powder (Kashmiri) – 1 TBS , just for color.
Ginger garlic paste – 1 TBS
Onion (diced) – 1 big (I prefer the RED onion)
Red bell pepper (diced) – This is optional, but if you have it, add some.
spring onions – Optional, but this really makes it yummy.
Green chillies – 3 , put as many depending on how spicy you want it to be.
Tomato Ketchep – 3 TBS
Soyasauce = 2 TBS (I have the ginger flavour and it taste great)
Curry leaves = 4
Oil = to deep fry
Salt to taste1. Make a thick batter with the all purpose flour in water, add ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, soda & salt to taste.
2. Coat the cauliflower floret with the batter and deep fry it. once cooked, drain on top of tissue papers so that oil will be soaked up.
3. Once you complete frying all the cauliflower, take another pan and heat 2 TBS of oil, add ginger garlic (fry till light brown), onions, slit green chillies, bell pepper, spring onions. Saute till onions turns translucent.
4. Add chilli powder, curry leaf, tomato ketchep, soya sauce.
5. Toss & mix it.
6. Garnish with coriander & spring onions. Gobi manchurian is ready ….
Egg Fried Rice
2 small cup of Cooked basmati rice
Eggs – 2
Onions – diced a bit smaller, I prefer red onions.
Butter – 😉 I love it , the more the tastier.
Spring Onions – cut at least 3 full strands.
salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
Green chilly – cut it into small pieces.
Soya sauce – Ginger flavour is the best.
1. In a pan, heat the butter (3 TBS) , add onions and cook it till it is a little translucent, then add spring onion, little bit of coriander, green chilly. Stir it and break the eggs and further stir it.
2. Add the rice and stir it well.
3. Add freshly crushed black pepper , soya sauce , salt to taste. Toss in the remaining green chilly. Stir and mix it well, add more butter if you need more.
4. Garnish with coriander
Thanks to Sumitha for the gobi manchurian recipe from http://kitchenwonders.blogspot.com/2006/07/gobi-manchurian_02.html