Cooking from fellow blogger.
- Potatoes : Cut potato into cubes and boil it in microwave (15 mins)
- Onion : 1 medium, chopped
- Chana dal : 1 tblsp
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves : 4
- Green chilli : 3, finely chopped (you can add more)
- Ginger : 1 tblsp, grated
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
- Salt : To taste
- Besan/chickpea flour : 1 tblsp
- Hing : a pinch
- Water : 1 1/2 cups
- Oil: 1 tblsp
- Cilantro : chopped
Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. When seeds begin to pop, add chana dal and fry till golden brown. Add onion, curry leaves, ginger, green chillies and hing. Saute till onion becomes translucent. Add potatoes (smash it with the spoon or spatulla as you stir) and turmeric powder. Saute for a few seconds.
Mix besan with water. Add this to potato mixture. Add salt. Let this cook till you get rid of besan’s raw smell and you get a semi-solid consistency. Turn the heat off. Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot with Puris.
Thanks !! Original recipe from http://manpasand.blogspot.com/2006/07/puri-masala.html