I learnt this from Baba who visited me recently. I made this yesterday and all my manipuri guest loved it 🙂
- 1 can of Bamboo Shoot (You get this in any korean store in different type, sliced bamboo shoot, laiwa etc)
- 1 Nagri ( you get this in Bangladeshi shop) – wash and wrap it in aluminium foil
- 1 medium size potato, peel and cut it into 3 pieces
- Red dry full chilly – 7 to 10
- Dry fish like ngamu or piece of big fish
- Maroi (tokningkok, coriender, spring onion, onion)
- Salt to taste
Pressure cook with water all the ingredients except maroi and salt for 3 whistles. Strain and let it cool.
Smash and mix well the red chilly, ngari and salt. (Baba says that the taste of eromba depends on how well u mix these 3 ingredients 🙂 So spent 2-3 mins in mixing it. Remove the small bones from the nagmu or fish piece and mix it.
Smash potato and Bamboo shoot and mix very well so that ngari, chilly and salt will touch every bit of potato and bamboo shoot. Add little bit of water and mix again.
Garnish with maroi and tasty soibum eromba is ready to eat.